This is a question that I ran across on a Google+ community and it really got me to thinking more about it. In all actuality, I have never really thought about this in the past, because I am in the US and most organic traffic that is going to my web properties is from the United States, so this issue has never confronted me before. However, now that it is on my mind, I have spent a few minutes to put together some information to help on this G+ SEO Thread and any others who are struggling with the same issues. Actually if you put forward some consistent effort it should not be hard to turn your traffic to laser focused visits in no time at all.
I hope you find the information listed below to be both helpful and intuitive. If you do have any questions or comments about the information shared I look forward to hearing from you in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I also would love for you to share, like, + or tell others about this information as I love to help others achieve their online goals and I think there is some very valuable information within.
Why Would You Want To Focus On Visitors From The United States?
This is a no brainer to those who already looking, but for others it may be a weird question initially. The most common reason people are hunting for U.S. traffic is that they have advertisers who are targeting this demographic. Many CPA offers only pay if the web forms are filled out by US residents and this means traffic from the good old U S of A means cash in your pocket. If you have a site that is directed toward this region, you simply must have traffic from the same area or the content is not relevant. No matter why you want the traffic from this country there are some easy ways to assure you get more.
Why Some Sites May Get More Traffic From India or Other Countries
It is no secret that India, Pakastan and some other countries are full of online spammers and those looking to create bulk automated junk links on your site. If you accept comments on posts or any other way for people to get a link, like profiles, you will get lots of crazy traffic from these regions. These link spammers run tools that scrape the internet and in fact they may want a link on your site, for the same reason you are reading this article!
Another reason many people may see traffic from various countries is if your server is hosted in a country rather than the USA. If your content is based around topics that are not geographically located in the United States of America, this is yet another reason you may see traffic from countries other than the United States. Now, if you don’t fall into any of these categories, then keep reading because we are going to discuss some other factors that you can fix to get the traffic you are looking for.
How To Get Traffic From United States Visitors
- Google Webmaster Tools – Go to your Google webmaster tools account and set your preferred geographic location to the US.
- Local Search Engines – Find search engines that are small but only list USA content and get listed.
- Use Local Listing On Huge Sites – Google Places, Bing Local and Yahoo! Local all offer listing for local and geo-targeted sites, businesses and organization, so make sure to utilize these resources.
- Classified Sites – Yep, there are thousands of classified sites and many are local or at least allow you to choose a local demographic to be listed under. These listings do send signals to the big boys of search and can make a big impact if utilized properly.
- Citations Can Help – Get bloggers or other online writers to cite your work and your location of course!
- Forums, Bulletin Boards and Communities – Join, setup your profile and add your link; but most importantly interact with the groups!
- Get a Server In The US – This is a no brainer, why does Google think my website is in Japan, well it could be because that is where your web site is! If you need a cheap US host, just use the contact form above and I can get you setup fast and easy.
- Targeted Backlinks – Yep, getting links from country specific sites of any kind can be a good idea too. You must only go for quality links, remember spam links may actually lead to de-indexation by Google so don’t get caught trying to be a black hat here.
I hope the information I shared here today is helpful and that it is put into action so you can start seeing the results you are looking for soon.
To your success,