Today I wanted to share a bit of information about how any local company can acquire a legitimate and free Yahoo local business listing on at absolutely no cost. Their age-old human-curated directory is not what it used to be, but you can still get some valuable traffic to your local business website and you do not have to pay to play.
There are paid options, but if you are simply trying to build out as many local citations for your company as you can, I will outline a way to get listed for absolutely free.
I am not sure you can call Yahoo! a search giant these days. Their company has been through many ups and downs through recent years, mostly downs. However, they still hold a huge amount of search volume that your company can benefit from, even though the G dwarfs them. I have seen these listings bump other organic search results from websites too. This means you can get your brick and mortar store showing on maps and elevate your Yahoo! search visibility by just investing a few minutes of your time to grab your free Yahoo local business listing.
The “local business” part of Yahoo! has changed hands a few times through the years, but currently, it is in the hands of Yext. So if you see this name on pages we refer to below, don’t worry you are at the right place.
How to Claim a Free Yahoo Local Business Listing & Citation:
- Go ahead and log into a Yahoo! account first.
- Click on this link: https://www.yext.com/pl/yahoo-claims/free-claim-checkout.html to get started.
- Add all your company info and then click “Find My Listings”.
- You should now see a “powered by Yext” screen appear and on this page you will see all sorts of error messages saying your listings are not showing anywhere on the web (in some cases even when you really are) which makes us wonder why a company of this size would use false scare tactics to reel in customers? Anyhow, click the next or continue button on this page.
- You will now be prompted to enter the full business information for the Free Yahoo local business listing here, NAP (Name, Address & Phone Number) are obviously the most important, but it always suggested to use your GMB (Google My Business) listing as a reference to make sure your free Yahoo local business listing citations are congruent. Again click the next/continue button to proceed.
- You will now be presented with a sales page, you will even see a paid listing in Yahoo, but you don’t need to do that if you are after a free listing. Simply scroll a bit until you see a link below that says “Claim your Basic Listing only on Yahoo” and click this.
- This page looks like a standard checkout page, but you will notice that the amount due is zero and you are not required to add a payment method.
- You will receive an email shortly from Yext to the business email address you have previously listed.
- And if you are close to the business phone you listed, it will be rining soon too. You can talk to the sales rep about other listings, but you really just need to let them know you only want to verify the listing you added or verify your listing through the Yext console you can now log into and that is it!
Now you have your account setup, your free Yahoo local business Listing is verified and can come back to edit as needed. Enjoy your free Yahoo! local business listing and if you are trying to build your visibility in your local market, keep reading our blog to learn more about GMB, local citations and getting more maps listing across the web right here.
Need help growing your local business website traffic, listings or brand? Contact us today and let’s see how we may be able to partner together to build something amazing!